NOTE: The Action Framework is currently available for Engagement, Manager, Team, and Individual Effectiveness surveys only, and not yet available for Onboard/Exit surveys
The Action Framework is a set of tools to help managers act on employee feedback. Managers will be more confident, efficient and successful in taking action because they can now easily:
- Identify impactful focus areas in response to employee feedback
- Decide on action to take with inspiration from other customers and our community who have addressed similar challenges
- Drive effective action with their team without relying on HR or upper management
- Get feedback on their actions from their team
When acting on employee feedback, we recommend following the path described by our People Scientists on how to generate ideas for action.
Selecting a Focus
Managers can flag those areas for action within the Culture Amp platform, allowing them to track the key questions for focus, as well as create actions to address these questions.
To select a question for focus:
- Go to the Questions report
- Click the empty focus flag next to the question. You can always remove this question as a focus by clicking again on the selected focus flag.
Creating an Action
After selecting a focus area, managers can review the Inspiration Engine to see what actions other companies have taken to address similar topics. The Inspiration Engine can be customized to support your company culture.
Managers can use these inspirations as the foundation for actions to take with their teams. Or, if a team already has an idea for a great action, the manager can add it as a new action and provide details on what the team will do.
To select an action
- Click on Take action button from within the survey's reports, or use the Action plans option at the top of the page and select the survey. On the Action plan page, you will see the questions you selected for focus, click Take Action button
- Select an action from list of inspirations or enter your own
- When you click next, you can edit/customize your action if needed. Once completed, click Finish
To Complete an action
When you have completed an action, click the Complete Action button to mark it as complete. You'll get an option to ask your team for feedback on this action.
To edit, delete or undo-complete for an existing action
- Go to Action Card, click on menu (three dots on top right corner of the card)
- Click Edit, Delete or undo complete
- follow steps on screen
Measuring an action
Once you had your action completed, think about checking in with your team. Click on ‘Get team feedback’ button to send a short survey to your team and measure effectiveness of the action.
Please note, you can only ask once for feedback on an action.
When you click on 'Get team feedback', you will get a message confirming the number of people who will receive the survey. Click on 'Send Survey now' to go ahead.
Your team will receive an email with a link to a two-question survey.
Please note, team feedback participants are based on the employee data file at the time of clicking "Send survey now." All individuals included in the demographic for which your shared report is based on (for example, Team: Finance) will be sent the following questions:
As your team fills the survey, results will be displayed on the Action card: