NOTE: The Action Framework is available for Engagement, Manager Effectiveness, and Team Effectiveness surveys only; it is not available for Individual Effectiveness or Onboard/Exit surveys.
The Action Framework is a set of tools to help managers act on employee feedback. Managers will be more confident, efficient and successful in taking action because they can now easily:
- Identify impactful focus areas in response to employee feedback
- Decide on action to take with inspiration from other customers and our community who have addressed similar challenges
- Drive effective action with their team without relying on HR or upper management
When acting on employee feedback, we recommend following the path described by our People Scientists on how to generate ideas for action.
Selecting a Focus
Managers can flag those areas for action within the Culture Amp platform, allowing them to track the key questions for focus, as well as create actions to address these questions.
To select a question for focus:
- Click the empty focus flag next to the question. You can always remove this question as a focus by clicking on the selected focus flag.
Creating an Action
After selecting a focus area, managers can review the Inspiration Engine to see what actions other companies have taken to address similar topics. The Inspiration Engine can be customized to support your company culture.
Managers can use these inspirations as the foundation for actions to take with their teams. Or, if a team already has an idea for a great action, the manager can add it as a new action and provide details on what the team will do.
To view inspirations:
- Click Take Action from the banner menu. On the Take Action page, you will see the questions you selected for focus, along with the associated inspiration titles and excerpts
- Click on any inspiration title card to view the text of the inspiration
To select an inspiration for an action:
- After viewing the text for an inspiration to add as an action, click Add to Actions
- Edit the title and text of the inspiration to tailor for your team, and click Save Action
To create a custom action:
- Click Create Action
- Add a title and description for the new action, and select at least one focus area for the action
- Click Save Action
To edit an existing action:
- Click the title card for the action you wish to edit
- Click Edit
- Edit the title and the description for the action
- Click Save Action
To delete an existing action:
- Click the title card for the action you wish to delete
- Click Delete