When emails are sent by Culture Amp, but there's a problem with the email delivery, a list of affected users is displayed under the Bounces drop-down on the Users page.
Email bounces can be caused by:
- An incorrect email address set up in Culture Amp (e.g. mis-spelled names)
- Email address is no longer used (a closed email account)
- Wrong domain name (e.g. '.com' instead of '.com.au')
- Person's mailbox is full and can't accept new email deliveries
Investigation of the bounces is required to ensure participation rates for surveys are not adversely impacted by technical issues. People are counted in the participation rate denominator, even when their emails bounce. Maintaining employee personal details, like email address, also ensures that future surveys will run more smoothly with fewer bounces. When survey emails are sent to past employees, these users should be made inactive. See Deactivating users.
To action bounced emails
- click Account Admin
- on Users page, click the Bounces drop-down
- review the bounce details:
- check that the person is still eligible to participate in the survey (they may have recently left the organization)
- consider whether there is time left before the survey due date for the person to complete the survey
- Look for spelling errors in the email address, such as the person's name or organization name
- does another email need to be sent?
- Yes - click the user's name to edit their email address, then click Resend link when prompted after saving, or resend from the Participants page if their email address looks correct
- No - click the Clear icon to dismiss the bounce notification, deactivate the person if required
TIP: Other systems used by your organization may also require updates to the person's email address, or the person's employment status.