When setting up your Report Sharing, you are able to select one demographic to be used as a filter for the Comments report. e.g filter comments by Department, so that the HR Business Partner can talk to the head of that department about the qualitative feedback received.
After you select a demographic filter it is locked-in for that survey and cannot be changed, so please choose wisely. The reason it is locked in is to protect the confidentiality of the participants who add comments to the survey. We don't want anyone to be able to triangulate who said a specific comment by filtering by various demographics.
How to set up a filter for comments
- Click Edit survey button for the survey on the Surveys page
- Click Comment filtering page, under Reports Configuration heading
- Select a filter from the drop-down list (choose carefully as you only get one chance)
- Click Set Comment Filter button to save
Why only one demographic filter for comments?
In short, it is one of our measures to maintain the confidentiality of feedback from your colleagues.
- It is the responsibility of Culture Amp and the Survey Administrators to ensure that the Reporting Rules (How your feedback will be displayed page) are followed
- Confidentiality is maintained by only displaying results by aggregates and reporting minimums
- Verbatim comments can make individuals identifiable
- Providing multiple filters on the comments can increase those chances via a process of elimination
Ultimately, we want employees to feel as comfortable as possible when they provide their feedback. We want to avoid having respondents question the integrity of the survey and administrators which is why we only provide one filter for the comments report.