Launching Onboard and Exit surveys can by started by hitting the 'Launch Now' button on the 'Launch Plan' page. Unlike attributed surveys, survey responses for onboard / exit surveys are typically sent one at a time as a person enters or leaves an organization. Launching an onboard / exit survey simply activates the survey so that you can now invite employees to participate via the 'Start Onboard' / 'Start Exit' buttons on the Surveys page.
When you send someone an exit survey and enter a 'Last day of employment' date, the system will automatically make that person inactive after this date.
Steps to start an Exit or Onboard process for an individual employee
- Make sure that your survey has been activated on the Launch Plan page
- Go to your Surveys page, and click on the Start Exit or Start Onboard button
- Select the employee that you wish to exit or onboard. If they do not appear in the list, use the Add a new user link to create them (only displayed if you are also an Account Administrator)
- If you have an interview step configured, select the person that will be the interviewer
- Set the survey due date, interview due date (if interview step is configured), employee's last day (they will be made inactive after this date), and classification of exit
- Click Send
- Review status of exit activity on the Activity report
- On the Activity page, you will have the ability to: send reminders, complete the survey on the employee's behalf, skip the survey, classify the survey etc. Submitted surveys can be reset and a completed process can be re-opened to allow more notes to be added, for example.
Under the Launch Plan page of your selected Onboard or Exit Survey, you'll now see options to configure the time that emails send and the number of days before reminders send (you will see slightly different results depending on whether you're configuring an Onboard Survey or an Exit Survey).
NOTE: Exit and onboard surveys are usually attributed surveys where the individual's responses are available for viewing by the HR team.
- Onboard Survey Launch Plan configuration
- Exit Survey Launch Plan Configuration
- Running Exit and Onboarding surveys
- Previewing communications