NOTE: This feature is currently available for Namely and BambooHR integrations. If you have a Workday integration set up and would like to test the feature, get in touch by registering your interest here.
You can automate the update of employee data through any active integration set up between your HRIS (Human resource management system) and Culture Amp. Culture Amp currently supports custom integrations with Namely, BambooHR and Workday.
Before you get started
Enabling automated syncs requires setting up an active integration with your HRIS. We recommend to configure the integration and run at least one employee data sync through the account interface before automating the sync. You can find more information about setting up an integration in the relevant articles about Namely, BambooHR and Workday.
To set up automated HRIS syncs:
- Navigate to Account Administration
- Click on Integrations
- Select your HRIS provider
- Enable the ‘Daily sync’ option at the bottom of the integration configuration form
Your employee data will now be updated daily, between midnight and 3am of your account’s timezone.
Events pausing the sync
To assure the data integrity of your account, we will stop a sync if we detect any of the following scenarios:
- The sync deactivates more than 40% of your employees
- The sync swaps employee IDs of more than 5% of your employees
To investigate and resolve the data issues:
- Navigate to the users page
- Trigger a sync manually by clicking on ‘Sync now’
- Follow the employee data wizard to the ‘analyze’ step
- Review the data changes to see
- Correct the data in your HRIS
- Repeat steps 1-4 to review the changes
- Once the data is looking correct, apply the changes to your Culture Amp account
The automated sync will keep running daily as long as it is enabled for your integration. It will continue to pause if the data issues remain.
Notifications about the sync
You are able to define an account administrator to receive email notifications about the sync. Currently, we send a notification in the event of a paused sync. To set this up:
- Navigate to the integrations page
- Choose a primary contact from the dropdown menu
- Click on save configuration
What type of notifications are available?
This notification is sent when the sync is paused, see above for details.
This notification is sent to the nominated account administrator if the sync is not successfully processed.
Non-automated ways of updating employee data
With automated syncs enabled, it is still possible to manually upload employee data through a csv file on the users page or start a sync with your HRIS on demand.