NOTE: This feature is currently in limited release to a handful of customers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more.
If you use SAP SuccessFactors as your HRIS, you can create an integration between SuccessFactors and Culture Amp to keep your employee data up to date.
The integration is a Web Service based outbound integration, managed through the SAP Integration Center. The Integration Center is a tool provided by SAP that allows HR admins to build, run, schedule and monitor file-based outbound integrations.
Every customer of the SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite package has access to the SAP Integration Center.
All updates through the SAP SuccessFactors integration will be processed in a partial upload. You can learn more about the difference between a full and a partial upload in this article.
Step 1: Download the integration template file
NOTE: Culture Amp provides an integration template with pre-defined endpoint values to make it easier for you to set up the integration in the Integration Center.
- Navigate to the Integration page in the Account Administration section of the Culture Amp platform (get in touch with your coach if you don't have access)
- Select SAP SuccessFactors
- Under ‘Step 1’, download the template from the SAP SuccessFactors page. The template comes in .icd format.
Step 2: Import and customize the integration in the SAP Integration Center
- Log in to your SAP SuccessFactors account and navigate to the Integration Center
- Create a new integration by uploading the .icd template you downloaded from Culture Amp
- Add all demographic values that you want to be imported to Culture Amp. You can find more information on which demographics to include in the Academy article about updating employee data
Step 3: Add your personal username and password
The integration supports basic authentication with username and password. The integration doesn't currently support OAuth 2.0.
- Copy the unique username and password details from the fields under ‘Step 2’ on your Culture Amp setup page.
- Paste these into the username and password sections of the ‘destination settings’ area of the SAP Integration Center.
- Save your integration.
NOTE: If you expect to frequently update large amounts of employee data, it is recommended to enable the checkbox "Enable Server Side Pagination". This setting optimizes query performance, prevents potential data loss when an integration runs for a long time, and eliminates duplicates in API query results.
Step 4: Define the frequency of the sync
Once you have defined all demographic values you want to include in your sync, you need to define the frequency of the sync.
- Navigate to the "Scheduling" option and select one of the options (Not scheduled, once, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Click on ‘Set Schedule’. Your data will now be pushed to Culture Amp to your schedule.
Step 5: Check your employee data in Culture Amp
Once you have successfully set up the integration in the SAP SuccessFactors Integration Centre and run the sync once, we recommend that you log in to your Culture Amp account to review the employee data changes and make sure everything has updated as intended.