Over the last 7 years, working with thousands of customers, we've learned a thing or two about employee feedback and created the following classes to share that knowledge, as well as provide a platform for customers to connect with one another.
Each interactive class is roughly 90-minutes, including sharing of Culture Amp content and expertise, in-platform demonstration, and ends with an update on what's changed in the product.
There's roughly 1 masterclass per week. You should have received an email with the upcoming schedule, if you did not, reach out to email@example.com. While we hope you can meet us live so you can ask questions and interact with other people geeks, we understand you may want to start your learning journey now. Below, you'll find links to condensed recordings of the classes by clicking on the class title.
Currently we offer a 8-part series that is meant to mirror the consecutive steps of Collecting, Understanding and Acting on employee feedback.
Collecting Employee Feedback: Mastering the key concepts of survey design
We'll cover the basic elements of designing and evaluating employee feedback surveys, diving into:
- Key survey & question design principles
- Survey design scenarios
- Considerations for the user experience
- Common challenges and pitfalls
- Considerations for action planning post survey
We’ll showcase the different ways to embed D&I into your strategy and help you pick the right one for your organization. This masterclass covers 4 steps to get you started:
- Getting Buy-in: How to frame diversity and inclusion as integral to your overall feedback strategy
- Different approaches: There are three different ways that we’ve seen customers incorporate inclusion into the platform. We’ll talk about the pros and cons of each
- Design & Methodology: It’s critical to understand how we built the survey so you can make the right design choices
- Analyzing & Action: Once the survey closes, you’ll want to be prepared for how to take action quickly
People Effectiveness: Developing individuals, managers, and teams through feedback
We'll learn about how surveys can be used to help (1) individuals develop personally and professionally through 360 feedback, (2) managers get more effective via targeted upwards feedback from their direct reports, and (3) project or functional groups get empowered for improvement through team based effectiveness surveys. We'll dive into:
- Different kinds of people effectiveness initiatives
- The role of the coach
- Preparing leaders to receive feedback
- Considerations for cadence
- Making feedback actionable
Understanding Employee Feedback: Interpreting and communicating results
We’ll prepare you for receiving your company’s employee feedback in a way that allows you to develop a strategy for interpreting the results, involving relevant others, and unpacking important differences across groups. We'll dive into:
- Steps for unpacking your survey data
- Communicating your results across your organization (i.e., company, leadership, managers, teams)
- Finding your strengths and identifying your opportunities
- Leveraging data to identify area of focus
- Considerations for action planning
Analyzing Employee Feedback: Diving deeper into your data
We’ll help you get the most out of your employee feedback through analytical techniques you can use in the platform to dive deeper and uncover more meaningful insights from your data. We’ll cover:
- Approaching the platform with an analytic mindset
- Choosing outcomes and discovering what drives them
- Linking and trending data over time
- Wrangling and organizing comments
- Evaluating the effectiveness of actions and programming
We’ll learn how to integrate data in the stories we tell to help explain, clarify and inspire action and change. This is a game changing skill for folks who deal with data in organizations. We’ll dive into:
- How story elements relate to employee feedback
- Helping shape the conversation about culture and feedback in your company
- Connecting survey results to broader business goals and aspirations
- Getting people excited about the road ahead
- Creating a common / shared language and narrative about what makes your company unique
- Creating clarity to drive action and change
Acting on Employee Feedback: A repeatable process for moving from results to action
We’ll deep dive into how to act on your results, including:
The 3 steps that happen after you find a focus:
- Ideate: How to use design thinking to increase the quantity and quality of ideas for action, and who to include in the process
- Act: They key questions to answer when moving from ideation to implementation, and the difference between centralized and decentralized action planning
- Measure: What to include in a pulse survey and when to pulse
For each step, we’ll also review the common pitfalls we see customers make and how to avoid them.
Pulsing on Employee Feedback: Tracking progress on your people and culture initiatives (video coming soon)
We’ll learn about best practices using pulse surveys as part of your assessment strategy. We'll dive into:
- Types of pulse surveys
- Timing considerations and recommended cadence
- How to track impact of ongoing or past interventions or events.
Pulse surveys can be a powerful addition to your feedback toolkit and we’ll offer some guidance on how to avoid common pitfalls.
We're always adding more so check back in to see new offerings! Or reach out to our customer education manager if you have suggestions for class topics.