Once your survey results are ready to share, you can start thinking about rolling them out to various people within the organization by using the Report Sharing function. In this article, you'll learn how Account and Survey Administrators can:
- Create a report
- Share a report
- Notify viewers inside and outside of the platform
- Some common report configurations we see our customers use
Create a report
To find the Report Sharing tab, click “Configure” at the top right of your results, then click “Sharing” under Post Launch on the left hand side. Then, you can click “Create Report” in the upper right.
- Select your data set: Decide if you want this report to be an All Results report (whole of company) or a report that is limited to a Demographic (people will only see their Department, for example).
- Name your report: give your report a name and a description for ease of reference (name is visible to viewers, description is only visible to administrators).
- Select the type of report:
- Participation: Users will only have access to the Participation report - great for group managers that are responsible for encouraging people to respond to the survey
- Standard: Users will have access to Participation, Insights, and Questions reports, plus the Take Action tab - great for executives, and managers to get the information that they need without drowning in too much information
- Advanced: Users will additionally have access to all the reports including the Heatmap and Custom reports -great for the CEO + HR + People & Culture teams to slice and dice the data
- Comments(optional): User will see the Comments report and will additionally see comments displayed within the other reports
- Select your demographic filters: Decide if you want people with access to this report to have the ability to filter the results further by other demographics (or classifications in exit and onboard surveys only). If so, select all the filters that you want them to use
- Select (or exclude) Comments: Decide if you want them to have access to the Comments report
- Finish: Click “Create Report”
See here for more information on how to select the right level of information for your report viewers.
Share a report
After you've created your reports, you can add viewers to give them access to the employee feedback relative to their teams and departments, and notify them that they have a report to review.
TIP: When you set up report access, people who already have access can sign in and see data immediately, so make sure you are ready for them to take a look.
You can add viewers to reports in two ways:
- By individual reports, through our platform
- By working with our support team to upload a spreadsheet identifying which viewers should have access to specific reports
To add viewers through our platform:
- Preview the report: Click the eye icon to preview the report you’ve created and get an idea of the data within the report
- Give users access to the report: Click Manage Viewers(the person icon) for the report to which you'd like to add people to. In the text box, you'll get an option to add people as report Viewers. You can find a specific user by typing part of the user's name to filter the list of users.
- Save: Click Save to save these settings
- Notify: If you'd like notify people via email, click Notify, then in the window that appears, click Notify All to send an email to everyone who is added to a report (even if they've been previously emailed) or click Notify New users to send an email to only those who have been added since you last sent a notification
NOTE: If you are unable to add people to a report and Unreportable appears next to the report, the group size for the report is less than the Reporting Group Minimum set for the survey, and therefore the data within the report cannot be shared.
If you use the Notify Viewers function, an email will be sent to the report viewers, notifying them that they now have access to the report. The email will include a link to the report. If the individual has never logged into the platform, and your company doesn't currently use Single Sign On, the email will also provide a link for creating a password to access the platform.
If the report viewer has not opened the report a week after receiving the notification, a second email will be sent to remind them of the report.
NOTE: Administrators cannot modify the default text of the email. The email text will include your account and survey name.
Notifying viewers outside the Culture Amp platform
If notifying viewers in bulk with your own email, we recommend:
- Asking viewers to set a password if they had not previously signed in to Culture Amp
- Asking viewers to sign in to our platform to view their reports
- Sharing any important overall themes and instructions
Common Report Configurations
The most typical configuration for reports access is based on roles:
HR Managers: have access to all report types, all results (e.g. all departments and teams etc - everything!), including comments which are filterable by the Department (or equivalent) demographic
Execs / VPs / Directors: have access to their direct reports (where they have 5+ direct reports) and have access to their department / area. For example, the VP of engineering "John Smith" will be assigned access to the "Department: Engineering" Report and also the "Manager: John Smith" report. They will also be given access to comments at the department level.
Managers: have access to their direct reports (where they have 5+ direct reports) and if such a demographic exists - a "Team" (or equivalent) demographic. Often comments access is not provided to managers. Other configurations are possible, however, this is a recommended starting point.
Participation reports: Set your managers up with the Participation report and limit their view to this report while the survey is still live - this can help to avoid them focusing on results that aren't stable yet. Once the survey is closed and you're ready to release results, use the Edit Report link, and change it from a Participation report to Standard report so that you don't have to re-do the access again.