"The top driver of engagement for the United Kingdom benchmark is having confidence in leaders."
Culture Amp geography based benchmarks are calculated based on the location of the respondent when the survey was completed. Employees in the United Kingdom benchmark work for companies headquartered in United Kingdom as well as other regions around the world. This benchmark is intended to broadly represent employee experience working within the UK regardless of company HQ, industry or function.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 79% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 72% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 90% participation
- Computer Software
- Information Technology and Services
- Financial Services
- Marketing and Advertising
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Online Media
- Apparel & Fashion
- Computer & Network Security
- Management Consulting
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Computer Games
- Consumer Goods
- Real Estate
- Media Production
Distribution by sub-region:
- Europe: 100%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.7/5 stars average overall company rating
- 72% average CEO approval
- 70% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in United Kingdom?
Insight: Employees in United Kingdom tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across United Kingdom are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
United Kingdom employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||59%|
|Median (50th percentile)||69%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||77%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in United Kingdom?
Insight: Three of the top drivers of engagement for United Kingdom are related to leadership - of which, the leaders communicating a motivating vision is below average.
Questions included and excluded:
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- At %ACCOUNT_NAME% there is open and honest two-way communication
- I would recommend %ACCOUNT_NAME% as a great place to work
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% motivates me to go beyond what I would in a similar role elsewhere
- I am proud to work for %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I rarely think about looking for a job at another company
- I see myself still working at %ACCOUNT_NAME% in two years' time
- My job performance is evaluated fairly
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Regional benchmarks here.