"Employee engagement is consistently strong in Australia."
Culture Amp geography based benchmarks are calculated based on the location of the respondent when the survey was completed. Employees in the Australia benchmark work for companies headquartered in Australia as well as other regions around the world. This benchmark is intended to broadly represent employee experience working within Australia regardless of company HQ, industry or function.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 80% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 72% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 90% participation
- Computer Software & Internet
- Information Technology and Services
- Financial Services
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Marketing and Advertising
- Higher Education
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Food & Beverages
- Online Media
- Education Management
- Real Estate
- Medical Devices
- Management Consulting
- Staffing and Recruiting
- Apparel & Fashion
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Hospital & Health Care
- Broadcast Media
- Information Services
- Accounting & Law Practice
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.5/5 stars average overall company rating
- 52% average CEO approval
- 64% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Australia?
Insight: Employees in Australia tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Australia are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Australia employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||61%|
|Median (50th percentile)||70%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||78%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Australia?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Australia Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- At %ACCOUNT_NAME% there is open and honest two-way communication
- I would recommend %ACCOUNT_NAME% as a great place to work
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% motivates me to go beyond what I would in a similar role elsewhere
- I am proud to work for %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I rarely think about looking for a job at another company
- I see myself still working at %ACCOUNT_NAME% in two years' time
- My job performance is evaluated fairly
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Regional benchmarks here.