"Confidence in leaders and the organization's longer-term business prospects are both top drivers of employee engagement."
Culture Amp geography based benchmarks are calculated based on the location of the respondent when the survey was completed. Employees in the Canada benchmark work for companies headquartered in Canada as well as other regions around the world. This benchmark is intended to broadly represent employee experience working within Canada regardless of company HQ, industry or function.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 80% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 72% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 91% participation
- Computer Software
- Information Technology and Services
- Apparel & Fashion
- Financial Services
- Marketing and Advertising
- Computer & Network Security
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.7/5 stars average overall company rating
- 74% average CEO approval
- 68% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Canada?
Insight: Employees in Canada tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Canada are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Canada employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||63%|
|Median (50th percentile)||72%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||80%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Canada?
Insight: Effectively directing resources is rarely seen as a top driver for engagement, yet for people in Canada, it is important and on average there is much room for improvement.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- I believe action will take place as a result of this survey
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% is a great company for me to make a contribution to my development
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% really allows us to make a positive difference
- %ACCOUNT_NAME%'s commitment to social responsibility (e.g. community support, sustainability, etc.) is genuine
- We are genuinely supported if we choose to make use of flexible working arrangements
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Regional benchmarks here.