"The perception that action will be taken on innovative ideas has the greatest impact on employee engagement."
Our Healthcare benchmark is representative of the Hospital and Healthcare sectors. The people tend to be predominantly medical professionals and allied staff. As we often point out when looking at benchmarks, you should be focused on where your employees might be going, not where they've been.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 78% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 66% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 92% participation
- Hospital & Health Care
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 83%
- Europe: 9%
- Oceania: 6%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.6/5 stars average overall company rating
- 64% average CEO approval
- 67% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Healthcare?
Insight: Healthcare employees are overall highly positive about their managers and social connection, ability to make a positive difference. However, lower scores are often seen on collaboration and communication as well as feedback and recognition.
Healthcare employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||65%|
|Median (50th percentile)||73%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||79%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Healthcare?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Healthcare Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- We are genuinely supported if we choose to make use of flexible working arrangements
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.