"When comparing to retail employees in general, employees working in apparel & fashion see themselves as less likely to stay for the longer-term and more likely to be encouraged to be innovative."
The Apparel & Fashion benchmark represents retail companies that primarily offer clothing and fashion goods. Retail companies are often characterized by significant numbers of casual or part-time people and widely dispersed teams, stores and headquarters in many cases.
Note that this is an emerging benchmark.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 81% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 72% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 90% participation
- Apparel & Fashion
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 84%
- Europe: 8%
- Oceania: 5%
- Asia: 2%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.5/5 stars average overall company rating
- 66% average CEO approval
- 64% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Apparel & Fashion?
Insight: Employees in Apparel & Fashion tend to be slightly less engaged than employees in other retail environments, such as consumer goods and services.
Apparel & Fashion employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||62%|
|Median (50th percentile)||69%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||75%|
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- We are genuinely supported if we choose to make use of flexible working arrangements
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.