"Employees based in Asia tend to be more engaged than other regions, mostly driven by their intention to stay at their company for the longer term."
Culture Amp geography based benchmarks are calculated based on the location of the respondent when the survey was completed. Employees in the East Asia benchmark work for companies headquartered in East Asia as well as other regions around the world. This benchmark is intended to broadly represent employee experience working within East Asia regardless of company HQ, industry or function.
Note that this is an emerging benchmark.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 79% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 72% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 91% participation
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
- Information Technology and Services
- Apparel & Fashion
- Marketing and Advertising
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.6/5 stars average overall company rating
- 75% average CEO approval
- 66% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in East Asia?
Insight: Employees in East Asia tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across East Asia are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
East Asia employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||55%|
|Median (50th percentile)||68%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||80%|
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded:
The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- I believe action will take place as a result of this survey
- I am happy with my current role relative to what was described to me
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% is a great company for me to make a contribution to my development
- Our physical workspace is enjoyable to work in
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% really allows us to make a positive difference
- %ACCOUNT_NAME%'s commitment to social responsibility (e.g. community support, sustainability, etc.) is genuine
- Workloads are divided fairly among people where I work
- We are genuinely supported if we choose to make use of flexible working arrangements
- I am able to arrange time out from work when I need to
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Regional benchmarks here.