"Consumer Goods & Services employees tend to be more motivated by their organization and believe their organizations are more committed to social responsibility than average."
Consumer Goods & Services organizations are direct to consumer and produce and sell various products and services. These goods and services can include consumer technology, gifts, electronics, white goods and household products as well as various 'on-demand' consumer services.
Note that this is an emerging benchmark.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 83% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 78% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 91% participation
- Consumer Goods
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumer Services
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 84%
- Europe: 6%
- Oceania: 5%
- Asia: 4%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.8/5 stars average overall company rating
- 76% average CEO approval
- 71% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Consumer Goods & Services?
Insight: Employees in Consumer Goods & Services tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Consumer Goods & Services are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Consumer Goods & Services employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||63%|
|Median (50th percentile)||71%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||78%|
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded:
The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- I am appropriately involved in decisions that affect my work
- I am happy with my current role relative to what was described to me
- I believe my total compensation (base salary+any bonuses+benefits+equity) is fair, relative to similar roles at other companies
- We are genuinely supported if we choose to make use of flexible working arrangements
- I am able to arrange time out from work when I need to
Diversity and Inclusion questions included:
The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- I can be my authentic self at work
- I feel like I belong at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% values diversity
- People from all backgrounds have equal opportunities to succeed at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.