"Confidence in future success and the learning and development opportunities have the greatest impact on engagement for companies in the creative & media industry"
The Media & Creative benchmark is made up of companies that primarily produce and/or sell digitized content (text, graphics, audio, and video) that can be transmitted via the internet or computer networks. The benchmark consists of global and nationally based companies.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 78% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 69% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 90% participation
- Marketing and Advertising
- Online Media
- Media Production
- Broadcast Media
- Motion Pictures and Film
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 36%
- Europe: 24%
- Oceania: 16%
- Middle East and Africa: 12%
- Asia: 8%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.6/5 stars average overall company rating
- 67% average CEO approval
- 68% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Creative Media?
Insight: Employees in Creative Media tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Creative Media are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Creative Media employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||58%|
|Median (50th percentile)||66%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||74%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Creative Media?
Insight: Learning and development and confidence in future success have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Creative Media Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- At %ACCOUNT_NAME% there is open and honest two-way communication
- I would recommend %ACCOUNT_NAME% as a great place to work
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% motivates me to go beyond what I would in a similar role elsewhere
- I am proud to work for %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I rarely think about looking for a job at another company
- I see myself still working at %ACCOUNT_NAME% in two years' time
- My job performance is evaluated fairly
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.