"Employees seeing positive change happen based on their feedback is the top driver of employee engagement."
The hospitality benchmark is made up of companies with large numbers of frontline, hourly service role employees. The benchmark consists of global and nationally based companies.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 77% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 66% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 90% participation
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 61%
- Europe: 17%
- Oceania: 15%
- Asia: 2%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.2/5 stars average overall company rating
- 61% average CEO approval
- 58% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Hospitality?
Insight: Employees in Hospitality tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Hospitality are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Hospitality employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||62%|
|Median (50th percentile)||72%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||78%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Hospitality?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Hospitality Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- Most people here make a good effort to consult other staff where appropriate
- We have enough autonomy to perform our jobs effectively
- At %ACCOUNT_NAME% we act on promising new or innovative ideas
- %ACCOUNT_NAME%'s commitment to social responsibility (e.g. community support, sustainability, etc.) is genuine
- We are genuinely supported if we choose to make use of flexible working arrangements
- I am able to arrange time out from work when I need to
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.