"Confidence in the company succeeding over the next three years is one the top drivers that is higher compared to other regions."
Culture Amp geography based benchmarks are calculated based on the location of the respondent when the survey was completed. Employees in the US South benchmark work for companies headquartered in US South as well as other regions around the world. This benchmark is intended to broadly represent employee experience working within US South regardless of company HQ, industry or function.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 79% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 70% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 91% participation
- Computer Software
- Information Technology and Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Financial Services
- Marketing and Advertising
- Apparel & Fashion
- Management Consulting
- Education Management
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Computer & Network Security
- Consumer Electronics
- Real Estate
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Online Media
- Consumer Goods
- Medical Devices
- Food & Beverages
- Computer Games
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.7/5 stars average overall company rating
- 72% average CEO approval
- 67% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in US South?
Insight: Employees in US South tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across US South are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
US South employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||65%|
|Median (50th percentile)||75%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||83%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in US South?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our US South Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- I can be my authentic self at work
- I feel like I belong at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- People from all backgrounds have equal opportunities to succeed at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Regional benchmarks here.