"Confidence in the company succeeding over the next three years is one the top drivers that is higher compared to other regions."
Culture Amp geography based benchmarks are calculated based on the location of the respondent when the survey was completed. Employees in the US West benchmark work for companies headquartered in US West as well as other regions around the world. This benchmark is intended to broadly represent employee experience working within US West regardless of company HQ, industry or function.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 81% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 73% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 92% participation
- Computer Software
- Information Technology and Services
- Financial Services
- Hospital & Health Care
- Marketing and Advertising
- Nonprofit Organization Management
- Online Media
- Computer Games
- Apparel & Fashion
- Consumer Goods
- Renewables & Environment
- Medical Devices
- Food & Beverages
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Media Production
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Computer & Network Security
- Education Management
- Consumer Electronics
- Real Estate
- Management Consulting
- Computer Networking
- Market Research
- Motion Pictures and Film
- Building Materials
- Consumer Services
- Food Production
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.8/5 stars average overall company rating
- 72% average CEO approval
- 71% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in US West?
Insight: Employees in US West tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across US West are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
US West employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||63%|
|Median (50th percentile)||72%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||80%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in US West?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our US West Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- I can be my authentic self at work
- I feel respected at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I feel like I belong at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- Perspectives like mine are included in the decision making at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% values diversity
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% builds teams that are diverse
- People from all backgrounds have equal opportunities to succeed at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% enables me to balance work and personal life
- When I speak up, my opinion is valued
- I can voice a contrary opinion without fear of negative consequences
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Regional benchmarks here.