Recognition of outstanding service and feeling a part of a team are standout drivers of engagement for this industry.
Our Financial services benchmark represents a range of financial services companies from more traditional, large financial services firms to small, regional organizations. Please note that the companies in this benchmark make up a subset of the broader Finance Benchmark which includes all Financial institutions.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 79% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 72% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 88% participation
- Financial Services
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 59%
- Europe: 16%
- Oceania: 15%
- Asia: 4%
- Middle East and Africa: 2%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.7/5 stars average overall company rating
- 65% average CEO approval
- 71% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Financial Services?
Insight: Employees in Financial Services tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Financial Services are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Financial Services employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||62%|
|Median (50th percentile)||70%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||77%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Financial Services?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Financial Services Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- At %ACCOUNT_NAME% there is open and honest two-way communication
- I would recommend %ACCOUNT_NAME% as a great place to work
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% motivates me to go beyond what I would in a similar role elsewhere
- I am proud to work for %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I rarely think about looking for a job at another company
- I see myself still working at %ACCOUNT_NAME% in two years' time
- My job performance is evaluated fairly
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.