"Unique to this industry, the perception of pay fairness is the top driver of employee engagement."
The Legal and business services benchmark is primarily representative of legal and accounting firms and smaller, boutique business services firms. The people tend to be predominantly business professionals and lawyers.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 81% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 75% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 92% participation
- Management Consulting
- Staffing and Recruiting
- Law Practice
- Legal Services
- Information Services
- Market Research
- Human Resources
Distribution by sub-region:
- Oceania: 45%
- North America: 21%
- Asia: 15%
- Europe: 15%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.2/5 stars average overall company rating
- 50% average CEO approval
- 61% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Legal & Business Services?
Insight: Employees in Legal & Business Services tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Legal & Business Services are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Legal & Business Services employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||59%|
|Median (50th percentile)||67%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||76%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Legal & Business Services?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Legal & Business Services Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.