"Confidence in future success and the learning and development opportunities have the greatest impact on engagement for companies in this industry"
The Marketing & Advertising benchmark is made up of companies that primarily produce and/or sell digitized or physical marketing and advertising content. The benchmark consists of global and nationally based companies.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 77% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 70% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 86% participation
- Marketing and Advertising
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 42%
- Europe: 37%
- Oceania: 8%
- Asia: 6%
- Middle East and Africa: 2%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.7/5 stars average overall company rating
- 71% average CEO approval
- 68% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Marketing & Advertising?
Insight: Employees in Marketing & Advertising tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Marketing & Advertising are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Marketing & Advertising employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||57%|
|Median (50th percentile)||65%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||75%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Marketing & Advertising?
Insight: Learning and development and leadership communicating a motivating vision have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Marketing & Advertising Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- %ACCOUNT_NAME%'s commitment to social responsibility (e.g. community support, sustainability, etc.) is genuine
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.