"Employees from Biotechnology & Medical Devices are above average on feeling they're encouraged to be innovative and the vast majority are motivated by the vision leaders communicate to them."
The Biotechnology & Medical Devices benchmark includes organizations that do medical research, design and manufacture medical devices and equipment, as well as develop and commercialize pharmaceutical products.
Note that this is an emerging benchmark.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 85% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 80% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 93% participation
- Medical Devices
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 66%
- Central America: 12%
- Asia: 9%
- Europe: 6%
- Oceania: 2%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.4/5 stars average overall company rating
- 59% average CEO approval
- 56% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Medical Devices?
Insight: Employees in Medical Devices tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Medical Devices are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Medical Devices employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||65%|
|Median (50th percentile)||74%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||80%|
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- I am appropriately involved in decisions that affect my work
- I am happy with my current role relative to what was described to me
- I believe my total compensation (base salary+any bonuses+benefits+equity) is fair, relative to similar roles at other companies
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.