"Belief that their organization is a great place to progress their development is the biggest driver of engagement."
The New Tech numbers tell a story of (mostly) young and fast-growing companies that are some of the most in-demand places to work in the world right now. But what makes a New Tech company is not their age, size or industry - it is their approach to business. All of our New Tech companies are disruptive at their hearts; often internet-based or focused on creating bold new technologies.
New Tech 2019 | 200-500: This benchmark captures data from the mid-tier sized New Tech companies that have surpassed the 200 people milestone but not yet cracked the 500+ size.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 81% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 72% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 91% participation
- Computer Software
- Information Technology and Services
- Computer & Network Security
- Computer Games
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.9/5 stars average overall company rating
- 78% average CEO approval
- 74% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in New Tech - Mid-Sized companies?
New Tech - Mid-Sized companies employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||65%|
|Median (50th percentile)||71%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||78%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in New Tech - Mid-Sized companies?
Insight: Learning and development and confidence in leaders have the largest impact on employee engagement.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- I can be my authentic self at work
- I feel respected at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I feel like I belong at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% values diversity
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% builds teams that are diverse
- People from all backgrounds have equal opportunities to succeed at %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% enables me to balance work and personal life
- When I speak up, my opinion is valued
- I can voice a contrary opinion without fear of negative consequences
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.