"Great managers and autonomous working are the top drivers of engagement for these aspirational New Tech companies."
The New Tech numbers tell a story of (mostly) young and fast-growing companies that are some of the most in-demand places to work in the world right now. But what makes a New Tech company is not their age, size or industry - it is their approach to business. All of our New Tech companies are disruptive at their hearts; often internet-based or focused on creating bold new technologies.
New Tech 2019 | Top 10%: This benchmark is an even more aspirational benchmark that represents the point at which scores are in the top 10% of all companies on any given question. This benchmark represents a threshold in the overall benchmark so does not involve a different subset of companies.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 81% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 76% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 92% participation
- Computer Software
- Information Technology and Services
- Computer & Network Security
- Computer Games
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 4.5/5 stars average overall company rating
- 66% average CEO approval
- 88% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in New Tech - Small companies?
Insight: Employees in New Tech - Top 10% companies tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across New Tech - Top 10% companies are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
New Tech - Top 10% companies employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||85%|
|Median (50th percentile)||88%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||92%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in New Tech - Top 10% companies?
Insight: Great managers and having autonomy have the largest impact on employee engagement.
Questions included and excluded:
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- At %ACCOUNT_NAME% there is open and honest two-way communication
- I would recommend %ACCOUNT_NAME% as a great place to work
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% motivates me to go beyond what I would in a similar role elsewhere
- I am proud to work for %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I rarely think about looking for a job at another company
- I see myself still working at %ACCOUNT_NAME% in two years' time
- My job performance is evaluated fairly
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.