"Employees in telecommunications organizations are typically less engaged than other industries."
Our Telecommunications benchmark represents companies that manufacture and sell networking products, provide mobile networks and devices, and internet infrastructure and services. Employees typically are involved in either manufacturing, installation and servicing, logistics, operations, sales and administrative support.
Note that this is an emerging benchmark.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 84% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 78% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 91% participation
Distribution by sub-region:
- Oceania: 80%
- Middle East and Africa: 10%
- North America: 4%
- Europe: 2%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.2/5 stars average overall company rating
- 49% average CEO approval
- 57% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Telecommunications?
Insight: Employees in Telecommunications tend to be less engaged than employees in other regions.
Telecommunications employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||59%|
|Median (50th percentile)||67%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||73%|
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- %ACCOUNT_NAME%'s commitment to social responsibility (e.g. community support, sustainability, etc.) is genuine
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.