"Belief that the company will succeed is the top driver of employee engagement at retail organizations."
The Retail benchmark represents a balance of newer and more traditional retail companies focused on a range of different retail products. Retail companies are often characterized by significant numbers of casual or part-time people and widely dispersed teams, stores and headquarters in many cases.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 81% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 71% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 91% participation
- Apparel & Fashion
- Consumer Goods
- Consumer Electronics
- Consumer Services
Distribution by sub-region:
- Oceania: 62%
- North America: 33%
- Europe: 2%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.6/5 stars average overall company rating
- 67% average CEO approval
- 62% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Retail?
Insight: Employees in Retail tend to be more engaged than employees in other regions. Higher engagement scores across Retail are primarily a function of greater intention to remain at the organization over the longer-term.
Retail employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||61%|
|Median (50th percentile)||70%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||76%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Retail?
Insight: Future company success and learning and development have the largest impact on employee engagement. We also find that the scores on these topics are generally more favorable in our Retail Benchmark compared globally.
Questions included and excluded:
Diversity and Inclusion questions included: The following questions were able to be included because we received sufficient amounts of responses for this benchmark cut.
- At %ACCOUNT_NAME% there is open and honest two-way communication
- I would recommend %ACCOUNT_NAME% as a great place to work
- %ACCOUNT_NAME% motivates me to go beyond what I would in a similar role elsewhere
- I am proud to work for %ACCOUNT_NAME%
- I rarely think about looking for a job at another company
- I see myself still working at %ACCOUNT_NAME% in two years' time
- My job performance is evaluated fairly
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.