"Employees in this industry find a variety of things important to their engagement, such as alignment and quality and improvement focus, not just L&D and leadership."
The Technology, Science & Research benchmark covers organizations that employ staff in the research, design, manufacture, distribution and sales of technology and science oriented products and services.
Anatomy of the benchmark:
- 84% average response rate across all companies
- Bottom quartile (25th percentile) was 79% participation
- Top quartile (75th percentile) was 92% participation
- Medical Devices
- Defense & Space
Distribution by sub-region:
- North America: 65%
- Central America: 11%
- Asia: 10%
- Europe: 7%
- Oceania: 3%
We have connected the employee feedback data with ratings for each company included in the benchmark to provide the below insights.
- 3.3/5 stars average overall company rating
- 57% average CEO approval
- 56% average recommend to friend
Key Insights and Data for the People Geeks!
How engaged are employees in Technology, Science & Research?
Insight: Employees in Technology, Science & Research tend to be similarly engaged as other industries.
Technology, Science & Research employee engagement scores by percentile
If you are interested in the spread of employee engagement ratings, below are the engagement scores by percentile.
|Bottom quartile (25th percentile)||63%|
|Median (50th percentile)||72%|
|Top quartile (75th percentile)||79%|
What has the biggest impact on employee engagement in Technology, Science & Research?
Insight: Somewhat unique to Technology, Science & Research is that the areas impacting engagement the strongest are not dominated by common areas such as L&D and Leaders, but are spread amongst L&D, alignment, quality and improvement, and innovation.
Questions included and excluded:
Engagement Questions Excluded: The following questions did not have enough responses to be included in this generation this year.
- I have been provided an opportunity to see and discuss recent employee survey results
- My manager, or someone else, has communicated some clear actions based on recent employee survey results
- I have seen positive changes taking place based on recent employee survey results
- %ACCOUNT_NAME%'s commitment to social responsibility (e.g. community support, sustainability, etc.) is genuine
Gain a deeper understanding of what makes our benchmarks special and learn more about how we calculate our Industry benchmarks here.