As a manager, you play a critical role in performance development. You have the opportunity to share objective, actionable feedback about your direct reports using the Performance Review feature. Continue reading to learn more about how to start a performance review, submit a review, add collaborators to the review, and share review results with colleagues.
Start a performance review
- Find any outstanding reviews by clicking on Inbox or navigating to My direct reports>Performance reviews.
- Select any review marked as In Session.
Review your team
- Your direct reports will appear on the right of your screen, along with the ability to view each employee's profile. Use employee profiles to reference previous feedback, self-reflections, reviews, goals, or your private notes about them.
- Your review responses are auto-saved as you write. You can jump to another review and respond in any order if you wish.
- Until your administrator closes the performance review cycle, you can edit your responses even after you submit your feedback.
- Any question with an asterisk (*) can be shared with your direct report by you or your administrator.
Once you have reviewed your team, you will have the opportunity to see all employees reporting up to you (both indirect and direct reports). You can also filter employees to focus on certain assessment groups.
Need help completing your review? Culture Amp lets you collaborate with another person on your review to ensure your feedback is timely and actionable.
To add a collaborator:
- From the performance review dashboard, find the individual and select three dots icon
- See current collaborators and search for users to add new collaborators.
After adding collaborators:
- New collaborators will receive notifications via email and in their Inbox.
- Once given access, new collaborators can comment on each question within the review.
- You can add or remove collaborators at any time. When collaborators are removed, their comments will persist but they no longer have access to the review.
Collaborator notes are only visible to you, the manager, and your administrator. Your direct report will not see these comments if you decide to share your review with a direct report.
Export reviews to PDF
As a manager, you can download your direct or indirect report's review to PDF at any time.
Managers can share reviews with their direct reports if your People team enables this capability. Once enabled, you can share responses to review questions marked with an asterisk (
*) directly with your team members.
Share reviews with your direct reports using the steps below:
- Navigate to My direct reports
- Select Performance reviews and find the cycle you're interested in sharing.
- Locate the individual direct report select the share icon on the left side of their name
Tip: You can share reviews with your entire team by clicking on the arrow icon to the left of the column marked Employee. This will show the questions that will be shared, but will not generate a preview.