As a manager, you play a critical role in performance development. You have the opportunity to share objective, actionable feedback about your direct reports using the Evaluation feature. Continue reading to learn more about how to start an evaluation, submit an evaluation, add collaborators to the evaluation, and share evaluation results with colleagues.
Start an evaluation
- Find any outstanding evaluations by clicking on Inbox or navigating to Team Evaluations in the left-hand navigation sidebar.
- Select any evaluation marked as In Session.
Evaluate your team
- Your direct reports will appear on the right of your screen, along with the ability to view each employee's profile. Use employee profiles to reference previous feedback, self reflections, evaluations, goals or your private notes about them.
- Your evaluation responses are auto-saved as you write. You can jump to another evaluation and respond in any order if you wish.
- Until your administrator closes the evaluation cycle, you can edit your responses even after you submit your feedback.
- Any question with an asterisk (*) can be shared with your direct report by you or your administrator.
Once you have evaluated your team, you will have the opportunity to see all employees reporting up to you (both indirect and direct reports). You can also filter employees to focus on certain assessment groups.
Need help completing your evaluation? Culture Amp lets you collaborate with another person on your evaluations to ensure your feedback is timely and actionable.
To add a collaborator:
- From the evaluation dashboard, select the ... menu on an individual's row.
- This will pull up a side drawer where you can select multiple individuals to add as collaborators to the evaluation.
- Provide coworkers with an explanation as to why they have been added as a collaborator. Once you have completed your note, click add to invite these collaborators.
After adding collaborators:
- New collaborators will receive notifications via email and in their Inbox.
- Once given access, new collaborators can comment on each question within the evaluation.
- You can add or remove collaborators at any time. When collaborators are removed, their comments will persist but they no longer have access to the evaluation.
Collaborator notes are only visible to you, the manager, and your administrator. Your direct report will not see these comments if you decide to share your evaluation with a direct report.
Managers can share evaluations with their direct reports if your People team enables this capability. Once enabled, you can share responses to evaluation questions marked with an asterisk (
*) directly with your team members.
Share evaluations with your direct reports using the steps below:
- Navigate to My Team
- Click on Team Evaluations and find the cycle you're interested in sharing.
- Share evaluations with individual direct reports using the the arrow icons next to each individual evaluation for your direct report.
- Click on the
...icon on a row if you would rather share using a PDF or printable version of your evaluation.
Tip: You can share evaluations with your entire team by clicking on the arrow icon to the left of the column marked Employee. This will show the questions that will be shared, but will not generate a preview.