Administrators have the ability to create self-reflection cycles through the Admin settings interface in Culture Amp Performance.
Setting up your self-reflection cycle
Navigate to Performance, click on Admin settings and then select Self-reflections. Once you've navigated to the self-reflection dashboard click Create self-reflection cycle.
Follow the steps outlined in the creation flow to complete setup. You can save and exit at any time to create a draft state of your cycle to return to at a later date.
- Name and schedule - You can set the dates and time zone of the self-reflection as appropriate. Employees can submit self-reflections until you manually close the cycle. The end date is a communicated close used to trigger email reminders to participants.
- Add questions - Culture Amp provides default questions for your self-reflection cycle but you can also use your own custom content or choose to duplicate the questions from a previous cycle.
- Manager prompts - Provide in-app guidance to managers when they comment and respond to self-reflections.
- Assign employees - Select which employees you would like to be added to this specific cycle. It's also possible to run multiple self-reflection cycles at the same time for different groups within your company.
Available question types in self-reflections
- Multiple-choice - Gives you the option to create a multiple choice question that doesn't have a numeric rating associated with it.
- Rating-scale - Gives you the option to create a ratings question with up to 5 choices. The lowest is scored 1 while the top choice is scored as a 5.
- Open-ended - Freeform open text area with rich text editing capabilities.
Tip: Save your self-reflection cycle in draft form at any time by selecting Save & Exit. You can choose to omit any field and proceed to subsequent steps while the cycle is in draft form. The cycle will only become scheduled when all fields have been entered and you click Finish on the final step. Once the cycle has been scheduled, it cannot return to draft.
- Edit name and dates - You can edit the start date until that date has passed. You can change the end date as needed. The name can be edited at any time.
- Edit questions - You may edit the questions until the start date of the self-reflection has passed. Then you may only view the questions.
- Duplicate questions - You may duplicate a cycle's question set by selecting Duplicate cycle from the cycle's drop down menu. Only the questions will be duplicated.
- Add employees - You can update which employees are included at any point, even if the cycle is in progress. If you remove someone that had started a self-reflection and then add them back into the cycle, their responses will be preserved.
- Close/Open a self-reflection - This gives you the ability to re-open a closed self-reflection cycle, or close one that's in progress. A closed status means that no one can submit a self-reflection. If the cycle is open, even if the due date has passed, employees will have the ability to submit their self-reflection.
- Export self-reflection data - This gives you access to all self-reflection data including responses in a CSV format sent directly to your email.
- Complete self-reflections on behalf of employees - As an Admin or HR Business Partner, you have the ability to complete a self-reflection on an employee's behalf. You can do this if the cycle is open or closed; however, it is only available if the Self-reflection hasn't yet been submitted.
- Export to PDF - As an Admin or HR Business Partner, you can also export any individual self-reflection to PDF at any time.
Employees will receive both an email notification and in-app Task list item when the cycle opens.
Culture Amp sends automated email reminders if self-reflections have not been completed seven days before the due date. Reminders are also sent three, two, and one day before the due date. Reminders are not sent if the self-reflection has been completed.
Reviewing self-reflection progress
When you open a cycle that's in session, you'll have access to view the self-reflections and see completion rates. You can also see if managers have read or responded to self-reflections.