Administrators have the ability to create self reflections through the Admin settings interface in Performance.
Setting up your Self-Reflection cycle
Navigate to Performance, click on Admin settings and then select Self-Reflections. Once you've navigated to the Self-Reflection dashboard click the
... symbol to create a new Self-Reflection cycle.
Follow the steps outlined in the creation flow to complete setup.
- Name and date - You can set the dates and time zones of the Self-Reflection as appropriate. Employees can submit self reflections until you end the cycle. The end date helps to trigger email reminders to ensure employees participate (see more below).
- Add questions - Culture Amp provides default questions for your Self-Reflections but you can also use your own custom content.
- All questions are mandatory and must be answered by an employee to submit their Self-Reflection.
- Manager prompts - Provide in-app guidance to managers when they comment and respond to self reflections.
- Assign employees - Select which employees you would like to be added to this specific cycle. It's also possible to run multiple Self-Reflections at the same time for different groups within your company.
Available question types in Self-Reflections
- Multiple choice - Gives you the option to create a multiple choice question that doesn't have a numeric rating associated with it.
- Ratings - Gives you the option to create a ratings question with up to 5 choices. The lowest is scored 1 while the top choice is scored as a 5.
- Open Response - Freeform open text area with rich text editing capabilities.
Tip: Save your Self-Reflection cycle in draft form by saving it with a future date set. You can then return at a later date to edit the questions.
- Name and dates - You can edit the start date until that date has passed. You can change the end date as needed. The name can be edited at any time (it will be visible to employees).
- Questions - You may edit the questions until the start date of the self reflection has passed. Then you may only view the questions.
- Employees - You can update which employees are included at any point in time even in the middle of the cycle. If you remove someone that had started a Self-Reflection and then add them back into the cycle, their responses will still be saved.
- Close/Open a self reflection - This gives you the ability to re-open a live self reflection cycle, or close an open one. A closed status means that no one can submit a self reflection. If it's open, even if the due date has passed, employees still have the ability to submit them.
- Export self reflection - This gives you access to all self reflection data including responses in a CSV format sent directly to your email.
- Add self reflections on behalf of people - This gives you the ability to paste in self reflections on behalf of people while a cycle is closed or open. This is only available if the self reflection hasn't been submitted yet.
Employees will only receive an in-app To do list item when the cycle opens. Culture Amp does not send out the initial communication emails. This allows administrators to provide the correct messaging and context for how they'd like to frame the self reflection cycle.
Culture Amp sends automated email reminders if Self-Reflections have not been completed seven days before the due date. Reminders are also sent three, two, and one day before the due date. Reminders are not sent if the Self-Reflection has been completed.
Reviewing Self-Reflection progress
When you open a cycle that's in session, you'll have access to view the Self-Reflections and see completion rates. You can also see if managers have read Self-Reflections and how many of them left comments on these Self-Reflections.