You can automate the import of your employee data to Culture Amp via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). Culture Amp supports a secure, one-way connection that imports data files from either a third party SFTP client, or from HRIS tools that support SFTP.
To set up Secure File Integration:
- Navigate to Account Administration
- Click on Integrations
- Click on Employee Data Integration button
- Set up an SSH Key Pair on your computer/in your organisation. You may need help from your Technical staff to do this. You can follow the instructions in the technical article here.
- Paste the public key from the key pair above into the Public Key field
- Click Save Configuration
Using the Hostname and Username provided on the setup page, along with your Private Key generated in step 4 above, you’ll now be able to upload employee data files in CSV/XLSX format to your SFTP Server/Client. Culture Amp will process the files using our partial import process.
Here's a video example of how to set up a full connection:
For guidance in setting up your employee data file:
Once your connection is set up, you'll need to prepare a CSV/XLSX file of your employees for upload to your account (unless you are using the SFTP functionality of your HRIS). There's more information about how to set up your files here.
Once files are successfully imported via SFTP, you’ll see added/updated employee details in the Users page of your account.
The nominated Account Administrator will receive an email if there's any problems with the file import.
To investigate and resolve data issues:
- Navigate to the Users page
- Manually upload your CSV or XLSX file via the Import Users page
- Follow the employee data wizard to the Analyze step
- Review the data changes in the Import Wizard to see corrections that may need to be made
- Correct the data in your internal employee data management system
- Repeat steps 1-4 to review the changes
- Once the data is looking correct, apply the changes to your Culture Amp account