Note: We have launched the ability to automatically create reports for leaders based on their organizational hierarchy, making it easier and faster to share reports through the business. To activate the hierarchical report sharing feature, reach out to your assigned Coach or our Support team.
Once your survey results are ready to share, you can start thinking about rolling them out to various people within the organization by using the report sharing function.
This article covers the three steps involved in sharing reports:
If you like being ahead of the curve you can even begin setting up access to reports before the survey launches so that managers can monitor and encourage greater participation from their teams once the survey goes live.
1. Create reports
You can find the Share reports option at the top of your administrator report. Once there, you can click Create report to configure a new report.
- Name your report: give your report a name and a description for ease of reference (name is visible to viewers, description is only visible to administrators).
- Select the type of report:
- Summary: a simple breakdown of responses and an optional summary of the key takeaways. Commonly shared with all employees.
- Standard: an exploratory view of the results without getting lost in the details. Commonly shared with Managers.
- Advanced: a deep dive into the results with a comprehensive view of the data. Commonly shared with Exec and HRBPs.
- Select (or exclude) comments: decide if you want report viewers to have access to the Comments report
- Select (or exclude) take action: unselect the checkbox for Take action in the report configuration to remove access to the Action framework.
- Enable filtering in reports: decide if you want people with access to this report to have the ability to filter the results further by other demographics. If so, select all the filters that you want them to use
- Finish: click “Create report”
See here for more information on how to select the right level of information for your report viewers.
2. Adding report viewers and owners
After you've created your reports, you can give the relevant people access to the employee feedback from their teams and departments, and notify them that they have a report to review or act on.
TIP: you can now create a report, add viewers to it and save it in a draft unpublished state without giving viewers immediate access to it. This means you can prepare reports ahead of time, waiting until you are ready to publish the report and notify recipients.
You can give people access to reports in two ways:
- By adding them to individual reports, through our platform.
- By working with our support team to upload a spreadsheet identifying which viewers should have access to specific reports
To give people access to reports through our platform:
- Select the report for which you would like to add viewers.
- Preview a created report by clicking View Reports (the eye icon) to get an idea of the data within the report
- Click Add users (the person icon) for the report to which you'd like to add people
- In the text box, select all of the users you would like to add as viewers to the report. You can find a specific user by typing part of the user's name to filter the list of users. To add all participants included in the report as viewers select Add Participants.
- As an optional step you can assign Report Ownership to a report viewer by clicking on the ellipsis of the row and choosing Make Report Owner. Learn more about Report Owners here.
- Click Save
TIP: If Unreportable appears next to the report, the group size for the report is less than the Reporting Group Minimum set for the survey, and therefore the data within the report cannot be shared. You won't be able to add users to these reports.
3. Notifying individuals that they have access to a report
There are 3 ways to notify individuals that they have access to a report:
- Notifying report viewers through the Culture Amp platform
- Notifying report owners through the Culture Amp platform
- Send an email outside of the platform
Notifying report viewers through the Culture Amp platform
After you've added viewers to a report:
- Click Publish and notify
- Once you have confirmed that you would like to publish and notify, a notification will be sent to the report viewers.
- We will send a reminder to users that have not opened their report one week after the initial notification.
- Once you have sent the initial notification, the notify new user button will have a drop down option: Resend to all users.
- Selecting the Resend to all users button, notifies all users who have access to the report.
- If the report is still not opened we will not send an additional reminder email.
For report viewers, the notification will include a link to the report. If the individual has never logged into the platform, and your company doesn't currently use Single Sign On, the email will also provide a link for creating a password to access the platform.
NOTE: Administrators cannot modify the default text of the email. The email text will include your account and survey name.
Email to Report viewers:
Notifying report owners through the Culture Amp platform
After you've added a report owner to a report:
- Click Publish and notify
- Once you have confirmed that you would like to publish and notify, a notification will be sent to the report owners. They will receive an email encouraging them to discuss the results with their team, collaborate on solutions and commit to actions. This is limited to a single person to ensure clear ownership of action. This notification can be viewed here.
- If no focus area is selected on the report after two weeks, a reminder email will be automatically sent to the report owner. This notification can be viewed here. This message content is currently not customisable.
Notifying individuals outside the Culture Amp platform
If notifying individuals in bulk with your own email, we recommend:
- Asking viewers to set a password if they had not previously signed in to Culture Amp
- Asking viewers to sign in to our platform to view their reports
- Sharing any important overall themes and instructions